The Goodman brand provides energy-efficient, reliable, and cost-effective heating and cooling services to millions of customers. Goodman takes great pride in their manufacturing practices and processes, which always result in the production of quality HVAC equipment and returning customers. More than anything, though, the Goodman brand prides itself on providing peace of mind to its customers by offering strong warranties and products that have been tested numerous times for quality assurance. All of these factors make the Goodman brand the obvious choice for your next HVAC purchase.
- Combines cooling with heat pump and gas heating for optimal year-long performance
- Durable, corrosion-resistant T-140 aluminized steel tubular heat exchanger
- Energy-efficient scroll compressor
- Heavy-duty aluminized-steel heat exchanger
- Multi-speed ECM indoor blower motor
- Copper tube/aluminum fin coil
- All-aluminum evaporator coil
- Two-stage gas valve; natural gas with easy conversion to propane with accessory kit
- Power-assisted combustion
- Loss-of-charge protection
- Direct spark ignition system includes a microprocessor-based control for the entire ignition sequence
- All blower operation and all safety circuits complete with self-diagnostics
- All models comply with California Low NOx emission standards
- AHRI Certified; ETL Listed
Heat Pumps 4 Ton And 100,000 BTU Gas Furnace Package Unit Goodman GPD1448100M41, powered by a heat pump and gas heat, is equipped with many advanced features that ensure a comfortable home or space. These features range from the all-aluminum evaporator coil, that is designed for enhanced durability and performance, to the heavy-guage galvanized steel enclosure with powder-paint finish that protects your system from extreme outdoor elements.
Picking out the Perfect Package Unit:
In order to pick out the best heat pump and gas heat package unit (heat pump and gas furnace), you€™ll first need to calculate the square footage of the space that you€™re trying to cool. Typically, the average home requires one ton of air conditioning per 400 to 1,000 square feet. There is a lot of variation in this number since you€™ll also need to factor in how many windows the space has and how tall the ceilings are, as these things dictate how easily air flows through your space.
After you have discovered what tonnage will work best for your space, you will then move on to figure out what SEER, or Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, you want your new unit to possess. Essentially, the SEER rating measures the air conditioner's efficiency, which is calculated using the cooling output for a typical cooling season divided by the total electric energy input during the same time frame. Similar to the miles per gallon for a car, an air conditioner's SEER rating is the maximum efficiency rating for the unit. So, the higher the SEER rating, the more efficient the air conditioner will be, likely resulting in lower utility bills and other added benefits. However, it is also important to note that the efficiency of your air conditioning system can also depend on the size of the space you're attempting to cool, your current ductwork, and other variables.
Here is how to find the proper tonnage for your gas furnace:
Warmest climates: 30-35 BTUs per square foot
Warm climates: 35-40 BTUs per square foot
Mild climates: 40-45 BTUs per square foot
Cold climates: 45-50 BTUs per square foot
Coldest climates: 50-60 BTUs per square foot
This product comes with a 10-year parts limited warranty when installed by a qualifying technician and then registered on the manufacturer's website.