Designed for hotel and motel applications, residential additions, sunrooms, and small living spaces, this Amana PTAC offers 14,700/15,000 BTUs of cooling power and a 4.1/5 kW (14,000/17,100 BTUs) electric heater with a 30 amp power cord. With a 10 EER, this unit uses 208/230-volt electricity and is great for a room of about 450 - 575 sq. feet for residential and commercial use.
It slides into a standard, pre-existing 16” x 42” wall sleeve and includes intuitively configured controls. WS900E wall sleeve and SGK01B rear grille must be purchased with the unit if it is a new installation.
- DigiSmart Control Board – Degree-by-degree temperature control and LED digital display make monitoring system settings easy.
- Quiet Fan Operation – New 9-blade condenser fan and reconfiguration of copper refrigerant tubing result in the quietest Amana PTAC ever.
- Automatic Freeze Protection – The fan motor and electric heat strip are turned on if the PTAC unit senses the temperature below 40 degrees.
- 3-Minute Compressor Lockout – After the compressor cycles off, it will not restart for three minutes to prevent harm to the compressor.
- Rotary Compressor – Permanently mounted on rubber isolators to limit vibration noise.